Tuesday, March 3, 2015

Third Week

Soo this week was interesting I guess. I can't remember all the days because they all just blend together already. We ate at a members home one of the nights, The Millers. They have us over so often. They love the missionaries, it's awesome. But they served us spaghetti, and they served us. We didn't put the food on our plates. So they handed me a plate full of spaghetti and meatballs. Full. Like the whole plate, stacked to the top. Like, when they brought the first plate over to the table I thought that was the plate for everyone. But no, each of us had a plate that full. Man, it was hard. I ate as much as I could, I already wasn't feeling good that day and then I stuffed myself there. I wasn't able to finish the plate but I had still had wayy more than I should've. We stayed there and talked for another hour or so and then we went back to our apartment. I was not feeling good. At allll. I moaned and groaned for the next few hours trying to sleep and I ended up throwing it alll up around 11. But man did I feel better after that. Me and my comp were looking it up and apparently I had like an inflated stomach. Cuz I had the symptoms for that and whatnot. So yea This week I was a lil sick and so was my comp. He thought he had food poisoning one of the days. Oh and that reminds me, a week or so ago, at a members home we had Huge Broccoli and squash. That's it. I was looking at the meal before the prayer and I was just thinking.. well crap. This sucks... I ate it. But yea that was not a fun meal.. Then on Friday, we had a meal at this member's home with all the missionaries in the ward. So there were six of us there, and me and Elder Santos had the lesson or whatever afterwards. So we had our meal and it was time for the lesson. Our lesson was a object lesson for their kids, there was a piece of paper that had a person drawn on it. This represented you. Then the kids wrote on the paper all the sins they might come across at school or whatever. So they wrote all the sins down, in the body, on the paper. And then we said that only through Christ, your sins can go away. And then we had a lighter, that we put under the paper, which erased the sins that the kids wrote down (it was some kind of special ink that erased with heat) And then we said that by erasing your sins, you took the name of Christ upon you. And here's the funny part. So we have some special ink that appears with lots of heat, so earlier we wrote on the paper the word "Christ" so that after the sins were gone, we could heat up the word CHRIST and it would appear. Showing that you took the name of Christ upon you. (I know this is confusing) But when Elder Santos was heating up the Paper so CHRIST would appear, the paper caught fire... in a member's home.. with all the missionaries and a family gathered around.. So Elder Santos quickly blew on the paper, and ended up wrapping the paper up into a ball so the fire wouldn't spread. He tried playing it off soo well and he did a good job with playing it off, but obviously that wasn't supposed to happen.. All the missionaries started bursting out laughing as hard as they could and then the members and the kids started laughing.. so yea. Good thing everyone thought it was funny. It was actually super funny. So yea, Santos almost burned a member's house down... xD

Sooo other than a couple exciting things that happened this week, it was pretty normal. Everything's going good, weather isn't as bad to me now. 20 degrees seems warm. Had some good lessons with investigators and such. but yea! That's pretty much it. Hopefully getting ipads on the 21st when an Apostle comes to speak to the whole mission.

 Love you all!

Elder Stevens

No comments:

Post a Comment