Tuesday, May 24, 2016

Transfer 11 Week 6


Soo some big news I guess.. The Chilton area is closing down due to 0 missionaries coming out and like 8 missionaries going home. We received a call on Friday from the Mission Office telling us to pack up our whole apartment into boxes and to deep clean it. We found out today that Elder Amann and I are both leaving, I will be going to Manotowoc/Two Rivers Hmong area. (President would like us to do Hmong and English work) I'll be serving with Elder LaRose. I've been on plenty of exchanges to this area and with Elder LaRose, so I'm pretty excited. Elder LaRose is awesome and the Area is great. I'm not 100% sure at the moment, but I'm pretty sure we will still cover Chilton's Investigators as well.. So were just going to have to drive a little while to keep teaching Vince and others. 

 

This last week in Chilton has been slower than usual.. To start it off, we had District meeting in Manotowoc and then afterwards we had exchanges. I was with Elder LaRose in Two Rivers.. haha (little did I know that was my new area and comp..) But it was a really good exchange. We were able to teach and find some Hmong people and even some English people. After the exchange we helped out the Abendroths with some yard work and gardening back in Chilton.

 

We saw Granny on Thursday, Elder Amann was sick, but pushed through it for the most part. We had a pretty busy day with planning, and Helping out Byron Hacker, a former investigator with carrying a truck load of flowers into a building for a sale on Saturday. Friday, we were going to help out Granny again but Elder Amann wasn't feeling well, so we stayed in for the morning and then helped out Brother Reichwaldt with some screen windows. (Looking back, we did a lot of service this week.. everyone was asking us to help out haha) After Brother Reichwaldt we helped out at the care center, then had an awesome lesson with Johns friend Jens. We taught him the Restoration and it was pretty cool because John was testifying of the Book of Mormon to his friend.. It was hard to say goodbye to John but it was pretty cool that he referred us to Jens before he left.

 

Friday night we left to Green Bay for a Blitz with the Zone Leaders on Saturday. By this time, I wasn't feeling too well.. I caught whatever Elder Amann had.. Anyways, I was with Elder McDermott and all we did all day was help one of the members in their ward with Roofing. I got pretty sunburnt.. It was fun though. I wasn't wearing the right shoes so it was pretty scary at times.. hahah The roofing took most of the exchange and then we had dinner at a members home there and played some football. It was pretty cool. 

 

Sunday, we were back in Chilton for church. When the members found out we were both leaving and most likely wouldn't get missionaries back, they through us a surprise pot luck! They told us to come to the church at 6 and we had an awesome pot luck with a lot of the members! It was pretty awesome. We also had a lesson with Vince last night to say goodbye.. I'll miss a lot of people here.. It stinks that I'm getting cut short on time here, but I look forward to serving in Manotowoc. 
 

 

Anyways, hopefully this letter makes sense.. Hope you all have a good week! 

 

Elder Stevens. 

 

Pics are of the Pot Luck and Vince

No comments:

Post a Comment