Wednesday, July 13, 2016

Transfer 12 Week 6

Soo, Transfers are this week, and I was positive I was staying in Two Rivers/ Manitowoc. I've only been here for 1 transfer! But nope, President threw a curve ball and im headed to the Heart of Milwaukee! My new address is 2588 N Frederick Ave #107, Milwaukee, Wisconsin 53211. My comps name is Elder Goldsberry, I'm super stoked. It should be fun!

My unexpected last week in Two Rivers was great, it was full of service and visiting
​H​
mong people! We helped Jack out, cutting down 2 trees in his trailer park, and trimming numerous branches. While we were trimming branches, a lady came out from next door offering us 50 bucks each for the work. It was tempting, because 50 bucks is a lot of money for a missionary, but we didn
​'​
t take it, as we enjoy doing the service. Getting out of our white shirts and ties is always great. While visiting a less active, he asked if we wanted to do some fencing. I had never fenced before.. it has always been a rich mans sport in my mind. One 
​I​
see in movies and never in real life. So we came by later with the Sisters and did some fencing! I thought we were going to get pads to soften the blows but nope! We had a helmet and a sword.. it was super fun though, and 
​I​
get to check that one off of my bucket list. 

While visiting other less actives, they offered to take us bowling. So on Saturday, after the Meet the President meeting, where we met President Williams. We went bowling with the Cross's. After bowling they took us to eat and then had a bonfire with neighbors. The friend
​-​
shipping must have worked, because both of them said they would start coming back to church, and they even showed up this week! We were able to establish a very good relationship with them in a short amount of time. It was really needed. 

Speaking of President Williams, we were able to have a short meeting with him on Saturday. He
​'​
s a super funny guy and were all super excited for him. He hasn
​'​
t made and changes yet, but
​I'm
sure they
​'​
re coming soon. :P 

Our July 4th was great! Tons of members had us over and we were able to see tons of fireworks. It was a super memorable day. 

Anyways, I
​'​
m excited for Milwaukee. I
​'​
m sure
​I'll
have a lot more stories and experiences to share. haha

Elder Stevens.

No comments:

Post a Comment