Wednesday, July 13, 2016

Transfer 13 Week 1

​So my first week in Milwaukee was pretty sweet. I had thought that we would be bussing missionaries but since the sister missionaries in the ward got doubled out this past transfer, we took over their part of the area and their car!

Milwaukee is veryy segregated. We have the super ghetto, with multiple killings a week, to middle class, to super rich people who drive porches and lambos. People love us in the ghetto though. They call us the Jesus people, at least once they find out were missionaries. At first they think were cops so they scramble and get all nervous to talk to us, but then we just tell them who we are and they'll sit and talk for a while. Its super cool.

This is definitely the biggest area I've had on my mission. Theres probably like 250,000 people that we cover. Its pretty crazy. We're working with a lot of awesome people and families. I'm not too familiar with most of them, but in the upcoming weeks I'll get to know them. Elder Goldsberry and I get along great. He's super cool.

I honestly don't have much to say this week. We s​pent a lot of the week visiting all the members/less actives on the ward list to try and get to know and start working with everyone. We feel like that is our best use of time, since we have a car to get around and everyone knows member work is the best way to go, so we need those relationships to build off of as of now. This should be a really good transfer. Im excited for it. Any Questions? haha

Again my address is 2588 N. Freddrick Ave #107 Milwaukee WI 53221. We live in a safer part of town, lots of Hipsters here. We don't even live in our area. We might be moving apartments pretty soon. Lots of good stuff in going on though! 

Elder Stevens.

No comments:

Post a Comment