Saturday, June 6, 2015

Transfer 3 Week 4

This week I was able to go on exchanges with one of our Zone Leaders in Madison, Elder Larsen. Madison is just like Waldorf except there's a lot more people.. I haven't seen so many black people since I left Waldorf! It was great! I felt like i was back at home! Where ever you walk, there's always people to talk to.. it was great. Its not like the tiny town I'm in now.. where we walk around for hours and see 3 people..

Elder Larsen is an amazing missionary. He's from California and he's so chill. We would of been great friends back home. He long boards and surfs and he's just really cool. I couldn't believe how he could just go up to random people and just start a conversation with them like he's known them for months.. I got a lot out of that exchange that I can apply to my own missionary work. He's a very inspirational person, it was a great 2 days.

One of the Zone Leaders recent converts, the Shields, were visiting family in Hughesville Maryland! I was shocked when I heard that! I was like, I live right next to that town! They thought it was pretty funny. Who knows, they might have visited the Calvert ward? (or whatever ward that is..)

This Sundays Sacrament meeting was pretty much like financial counseling.. There's nothing wrong with that.. but 3 speakers on the same exact topic, that really had nothing to do with the gospel.. There was a baby blessing in the branch that day, and they had 18 family members there for it.. they were all non-members.. That was a terrible topic with investigators there.. oh well. Just bad timing I guess.  

Welp, thats pretty much it I think.. Not much went on this week. We've been trying to get a lot more solid investigators, that we can sit down and teach. Its harder than you think to get those people who will sit down with you weekly..  We have a few, but not enough to keep us very busy. 

Everything's going good though! Love you all!

Elder Stevens

No comments:

Post a Comment