Sunday, May 31, 2015

Transfer 3 Week 3






This week was pretty crazy!

Elder Rupnick and I set a goal to teach 50 other lessons this week, and we were able to get 45! We spent most of the week knocking on doors and street contacting people. We would have reached our goal of 50 others if it wouldn't have rained on Sunday! We went out, tracting in the rain, but had no success.. Oh well, we tried! This area doesn't have a lot of promising investigators, so it was really nice to go out and find a lot more people we could potentially teach! Hopefully some of the people we found this week are actually interested and we'll be able to start teaching them the normal lessons! 

Some pretty interested things happened this week..

While we were out tracting, some high school kids were playing basketball on a court across the street, they yelled over to us, asking if we wanted to shoot some hoops. I thought, why not? So we ran over there and started playing basketball with these 3 high school kids. They were reallyy surprised we actually came over and played with them. We were really chill with them and just started shooting hoops and talking. They ended up asking about us, who we were, what we do, why we do it, and all that stuff. So we started talking to them. (I think I'm a lot better when talking to kids that age) We gave 2 of them Book of Mormons and gave them our number and told them to call us. They said if we were in the area on Fridays, to come shoot more hoops with them. So it was pretty sweet!

We also got a referral from Church Headquarters this week. So if someone online, on mormon.org wants missionaries to come talk to them, or they want a free BoM, they can put in their information on the website, and we will get a text, telling us that information and saying what they wanted. Were supposed to contact them within 24 hours. This week we got a text, telling us the name and number of someone who wanted a BoM. I ended up calling the number to see when we could stop by. So I called the number and a lady picked up the phone and said "Dodge County Correctional Jail, how may I help you" I kinda froze.. I was like.. uhhh what? So I eventually told her who I was and that someone probably just gave us a prank number or something, apologized then hung up.. My heart kinda dropped when I heard her say that! I wasn't expecting that at all! So someone either pranked us, or someone in the jail wanted a BoM.... Were not allowed to teach people in jail, however sooo yea. That was pretty funny. 

We live next to Beaver Dam Lake, and one of the nights this week, there was the most amazing looking sunset I've ever seen... Elder Rupnick and I ran back to our apartment and grabbed our cameras. We then went to a public park and took some pictures.. I'll attach one of the pics.. It was crazy good looking. One of the best sunsets I've ever seen!

Anyways, it was a really fun and busy week! 

Love you all!

Elder Stevens

No comments:

Post a Comment