Friday, May 15, 2015

Transfer 3, Week 1


This week was pretty good.

I arrived in Beaver Dam on Wednesday, it was a very fast exchange because Beaver Dam is just 15 miles north of Sun Prairie. Beaver Dam has about a 3rd of the people than Sun Prairie, and the area covers a much larger distance. We are very restricted on miles, so its very hard to get to some of the towns that we cover.

Yesterday I was able to Skype with my parents and brother which was really great! It was great being able to see them. It feels like I just left, so talking to them was pretty weird because I feel like I haven't been gone for very long! These last 3 months have flown by!

In this new companionship, I have to do most of the talking, teaching and finding. This is new to me, because Elder Santos would do most everything in the last companionship. I would talk and teach of course, but I was always in my comfort zone. Now I'm having to stretch outside my comfort zone and do most everything. This is good though, because I know that I'm learning and growing soo much quicker now. It stinks, but its good.. I find, that I'm having more fun doing it this way however. You feel better when you're the one handing out the BoMs and getting new investigators, instead of just listening to your companion do it.

Beaver Dam has a small branch, there's about 30 members who attend regularly. This is veryy weird to me, because I'm used to a good solid 150-200 people attending at wards.. They had me get up in the middle of sacrament meeting and introduce myself and bear my testimony. Even though there was only 30 people there I was still nervous because of the short notice.. I got through it though.. haha

Welp, that's about everything I think. Everything's going pretty good! No worries!

Thanks and Love you all!

Elder Stevens

No comments:

Post a Comment